WE’RE BACK LIVE and IN-PERSON!
Join us for our biggest festival yet July 20 – 31, 2022
Hamilton Fringe Festival is an action-packed performance festival that takes place every July across Hamilton. With more theatre, dance, and music than ever before, this year will feature more than 350 performances on 14 stages by 60+ artistic companies from the local, national, and international community. Welcoming nearly 20,000 attendees over 12 days, Hamilton Fringe is the largest theatre festival in the GHA.
The 18th Hamilton Fringe Festival will run from July 20 – 31, 2022, with performances beginning July 21st.
Whether you’re new to the Fringe experience or you’re a Fringe veteran with many festivals under your belt, taking part in Hamilton Fringe is a ton of fun. Here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Get to know the Festival Program! There’s a lot going on at any given moment during Hamilton Fringe, and the Festival Program is your indispensable guide as to what’s happening where and when. The program will soon be available as an accesible PDF, or you could pick one up at one of our pickup locations across Hamilton. Scroll down to see a list of locations!
- Listen to the word on the street! With over 50 theatre offerings to choose from, it can be pretty daunting choosing which shows to take in. But you’re not in this alone! The best source for the inside scoop about the festival’s best shows is other festival goers. Strike up a conversation with the folks around you while you’re waiting in line or hanging out at the Fringe Club. You’ll be glad you did. And don’t be afraid to share your thoughts about shows you’ve loved.
- Take a chance! Every year there are shows just waiting to be discovered by an audience. See something in the program that sparks something for you? Don’t be afraid to risk the low price of a Fringe ticket to find that hidden gem!
Hamilton Fringe Festival is a member of the Canadian Association of Fringe Festivals (CAFF). As such, we adhere to CAFF’s Five Guiding Principles:
- Participants will be selected on a non-juried basis, through a first-come first-served process, a lottery, or another such method approved by CAFF.
- The audience must have the option to pay a ticket price, 100% of which goes directly to the artists.
- Fringe Festival producers have no control over the artistic content of each performance. The artistic freedom of the participants is unrestrained.
Festivals must provide an easily accessible opportunity for all audiences and all artists to participate in Fringe Festivals.
- Festivals will promote and model inclusivity, diversity and multiculturalism, and will endeavor to incorporate them into all aspects of our organizations.
Apply to the Fringe
Hamilton Fringe 2022 Lottery Results
Festival Program Pick-up Locations
Grab a physical copy of this year’s Festival Program at any one of these locations:
The Cannon | 179 Ottawa St. N.
Coach & Lantern | 384 Wilson St. E., Ancaster
Democracy Coffee House | 202 Locke St. S.
Detour Cafe | 41 King St. W., Dundas
Emerald Coffee Co. | 340 Barton St. E.
Mulberry Coffeehouse | 193 James St. N.
Paisley Coffeehouse & Eatery | 1020 King St. W.
Playhouse Cinema | 177 Sherman Ave. N.
Redchurch Cafe + Gallery | 68 King St. E.
Relay Coffee | 27 King William St & 27 Dundurn St N
Vintage Coffee Roasters | 977 King St. E.
The Zoetic | 526 Concession St.
Sponsors and Partners