Now accepting submissions
Films On The Fringe: Shorts Showcase is presented by the Downtown Hamilton Business Improvement Area
The Films on the Fringe: Shorts Showcase competition, presented by the Downtown Hamilton Business Improvement Area, offers Hamiltonians a FREE opportunity to enjoy short films under the stars at the Fringe Club, located right outside Theatre Aquarius at 190 King William St.
We are currently seeking short film submissions by Canadian filmmakers to screen at the sixth annual Films on the Fringe: Shorts Showcase event on July 20, 2023 at 9:30 PM. The winning film will be screened in its entirety and the winning filmmaker will receive a $350 screening fee. Second and third place will each receive a $50 honorarium and a Fringe Binge 6-Show Pass for use at the Hamilton Fringe. Selections are made by a jury of industry professionals.
All longlisted filmmakers will have a short clip shown at the Shorts Showcase. They may also choose to have their submission screened in full.
Applications will be accepted until 11.59pm EST June 16, 2023.
Thank you to our sponsor…
Apply to the Shorts Showcase
Sponsors and Partners
- Online application form must be completed in full
- Run time may not exceed 24 minutes, including credits
- Open to all genres
- Acceptable film submission formats: URL to film (not password protected, able to be downloaded) or removeable digital storage (i.e. USB drive, etc) sent by mail
- Applicants may submit up to two projects (note: a separate application form/payment is required for each project)
- Applicants must reside in Canada
- A jury comprised of industry professionals will be appointed to select one winner and two runners-up
- The long-list of works eligible to be screened will be announced in our newsletter and on social media a minimum of 7 days in advance of the event (on or before July 14, 2023)
- The winner and two runners-up will be announced live at the Films on the Fringe: Shorts Showcase event on July 21, 2023
- The submission deadline has been extended to June 16, 2023
- A non-refundable application fee of $25 applies to all submissions, to be paid via PayPal OR cheque (cheques must be received within 10 days of online submission, otherwise submission will be considered invalid)
- Any current members of the corporation of the Hamilton Festival Theatre Company (“The Hamilton Fringe Festival”, “Hamilton Fringe”) are not eligible to participate in this contest
- Questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org