Be a part of Hamilton Fringe Festival’s city-wide visual arts celebration Visual Fringe!
Hamilton Fringe Festival is an action-packed performance festival that takes place every July across Hamilton. With more theatre, dance, and music than ever before, this year will feature more than 350 performances on 14 stages by 60+ artistic companies from the local, national, and international community. Welcoming nearly 20,000 attendees over 12 days, Hamilton Fringe is the largest theatre festival in the GHA.
This year’s Visual Fringe will feature works from 12 visual artists selected by lottery. Their work will be publically exhibited FREE in the following venues:
Redchurch Cafe + Gallery (68 King St E)
Relay Coffee (27 King William St)
Vintage Coffee Roasters (977 King St E)
See Rules & Regulations for how to apply.
2022 applications are now CLOSED.
- Artists will receive 4 feet by 4 feet of running wall space, to display multiple pieces OR a single piece.
- All pieces must be wall-based.
- Only one application per artist is allowed.
- An artist accepted into the Hamilton Fringe Festival cannot sell or transfer their spot to another artist. If an artist is found to have done this, both artists will be removed from the festival.
- There are 12 artist slots available which are selected by lottery. After the quota has been filled, up to six artists will be drawn and put on a waitlist. Should any artist withdraw, the next artist on the list will be contacted to fill their place.
- Artists will be selected by random draw and aired via Facebook live stream on Friday, May 16, 2022 @ 2pm EST. Results will be posted on social media and hamiltonfringe.ca within 72 hours, and selected participants will be contacted in the following days.
- A non-refundable $10 application fee is required, by PayPal or by cheque (cheques must be received within 10 days of online submission, otherwise submission will be considered invalid). Cheques must be made payable to “Hamilton Festival Theatre Company”. There is no additional fee to participate in Visual Fringe, if you are selected.
- Artists may be for exhibit only, or offer pieces for sale. No commission will be collected, however there may be transaction fees from online sales.
May 16, 2022
Applications must be received.
May 16, 2022 (2pm EST)
Artists will be drawn by lottery.
May 23, 2022
Hamilton Fringe will assign venues to artists and confirm the venue location with the artist.
June 6-8, 2022
Venue Visits: Artists will have an opportunity to see their hanging space, once their venue is confirmed.
July 1, 2022
Pieces must be delivered to your confirmed gallery location.
July 1-6, 2022
Artists must be available to assist with the installation of their piece(s).
August 1-August 7, 2022
Exhibits can be loaded out. All pieces MUST be removed on or before August 7, 2020. Neither the Hamilton Fringe nor the venue is responsible for items left after that date.
Apply to Visual Fringe
Sponsors and Partners